Thursday, October 25, 2012

Great Impressions - Masking the Mouse

Snowed last night.
 Only flurries, but the temperature dropped and out came the wool sweater and slippers! Guess it's time to dig in and get to some serious crafting in the studio!

One of my favorite things about using stamps is the ability to combine images by masking. Once you know how to layer your images (foreground to background), you can customize any project by mixing and matching.

This card uses two Great Impressions Stickables for the scene:

and part of the Just For You (C370) Stickable for the sentiment.


When I first saw Harvest Mouse I thought he should be gifting this sweet pumpkin to a friend...now he is! First I stamped Harvest Mouse. Make a mask by stamping on a sticky note (make sure part of the image is actually on the sticky part. Just sayin'.) and then trim out the image.

Place the sticky note image over your stamped image. Ink up the Mailboxes and stamp it once on the left. Ink it up again and stamp on the right. Lift up the mask and ta-da!
Harvest Mouse is on his way to the Mailboxes!


The edges are sprinkled with Frantage Bronzed Mica Fragments. I love the vintage glam. It's hard to see in photos, but I used Spica Pens to add shimmer here and there, too.


That little strip was a leftover from trimming the front panel. Works great here!

Time for a refill on my hot chocolate. There's still time to enter the monthly challenge. Can't wait to visit you!

Inky hugs,
Angi


1 comment:

  1. Very sweet card. I love that you embellished the inside of the card as well.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!