Wednesday, April 20, 2011

WOYWW #9 (98) - Beautiful Girl

Happy Wednesday! My ninth What's On Your Work desk Wednesday post...it's #98 for Julia! In just a few short weeks it will be WOYWW's anniversary and we're celebrating in a Pay It Forward kind of way. {Watch for post (104)}Want to know more about WOYWW or what's coming up? Check it out HERE.

(Looking for more info on my postcards? 2011 iHanna Postcard post coming tomorrow!)

This past weekend was the deadline for Simple Pleasures April Card Exchange. The theme was "Cards for Her" and this is what my desk looked like while I was putting my cards together...


Funny...just noticed that I have the cards in various states of progress. (Often times I take a photo and it's not until I'm ready to post or print it that I notice specific details...do you do this, too?) Here's a few detail shots...


Isn't she lovely? I stamped her in Black Soot (Distress Ink) and embossed her with clear powder. Distressed the edges first and then using the blending tool inked up the edges in Vintage Photo (DI). Simple Pleasures has an event called Trash 'n Treasure several times a year. Basically, it's a flea market of crafting goodness in the store. I found her there. LOVE her. There's something about this stamp that's a bit mysterious, lending itself to many ideas...thoughtfulness, dreams, tragedy, calm...


And then the sentiment. Lots of Vintage Photo distress inking going on with this card! To darken the edges quickly, I dragged the edges on the pad.



One of my favorite "new" texture techniques...using plastic wrap with colorwashes and glimmer mists. (more on this later.) Had to include that detail shot as you can't see the glimmer in the photo below. (Card base is manilla cardstock; edges are inked in Vintage Photo.)


In person, the shimmer on this card is just enough. At first, I thought some ribbon was needed, but after all was said and done, I really liked how this one turned out. What do you think?

Thanks for spending part of your day with me! Would love to see what you're up to, so leave me a comment, so I can visit you!

Inky hugs,
Angi

(If you're reading this post on Facebook, please visit my blog http://makingmayhem.blogspot.com to leave a comment!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!