Wednesday, April 6, 2011

WOYWW #7 (96) - Postcards, Puppies & Static

Yikes! It's already WOYWW again...sigh. I look forward to Wednesdays, even if I'm not able to get a post out. Why?

1. What's On Your Work desk Wednesday
(Stop by Julia's to see what this fuss is about...it's great fun and inspiration!)

2. It's not Monday.
There's just something about the first day getting back into the schedule that takes a little more oomph! to get that momentum going for the week.

3. It's Hump Day.
We're almost 1/2 way through the week. That puts us closer to the weekend. Obvious, I know. I really enjoy hanging out with my family.

Since I'm talking about family...here's an update of the puppy...he had The Surgery and is wearing The Cone of Shame also know as the Puppy Handle (as in "Grab him!" as he escapes the kitchen) or the "Can We Take the Stupid Collar Off?!" when he runs into you from behind, bumps the back of your leg and then clotheslines you as he attempts to apologize with kisses.



Don't you just love the 'electric puppy' look? It's bad enough when he runs into you, but it's downright funny to see him run into someone else & zap them! It's been a tough week for the puppy. We've got the bruises and scrapes to prove it!

Okay...on to the work desk pictures! I'm finishing up my Postcard Swap. Nothing like creating under pressure! If you want to see where I began, click HERE.

The desk...yes, I create in the middle of mayhem...almost always. I like having everything nearby and available. I try to do a quick clean up and a little reorganizing the night before I craft. (Most of the time I have to schedule in the play time.) Next upgrade to the studio will be a double sink & drainboard!


Still wearing gesso and ink on my fingers. My paper towels and baby wipes (I will one day post about how I upcycle those...), my postcards, a canvas I started (itching to get to that), a gift I'm working on...always something to do.

Here's a sneak peek at a few of the unfinished postcards...I'll post more about my process later this week.


As I was sitting here reading over the post, I see that my ink and dip pen are in the picture...before anyone asks...no, I did not write the script on the postcards! I have Tim Holtz to thank for that! It's one of the stamps from...okay...I thought I'd share the name of the set, but I can't find it on the desk! LOL

I think it's the Papillon set...the one with the butterflies...

Thanks for stopping by today!

Inky hugs,
Angi

13 comments:

  1. Such a funny pic of your dog! Poor thing, they don't like collars do they! Interesting desk, must come back and see what becomes of all that lovely stamping! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Recently our cat had to have one of those collars . She didn't like it but at least she couldn't escape through the cat flap.
    Lots going on on your desk. glad I'm not the only one who likes things to hand.
    x Tricia (84)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your postcards are looking beautiful! Can't wait to see the end result. I love the bright lights you have on your desk. I definitely need to work on the task lighting in my art spaces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww poor puppy! Hope he recovers soon. Lovely post cards and great messy desk :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Post cards are looking good! Hope you had as much fun doing them as I did. Happy WOYWW.

    Rachel #154

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice work space. I too would like to have a sink and drain board in my craft room. Poor puppy he looks sad! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #88

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like those postcards very much. I will have to come back to see what else you are going to do to them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Poor puppy!! Mine knows how he feels!! Loving your postcards. I am wondering what we would be like if ever we got to work together!! A very big mess I should imagine a laugh-a-minute!! LOL! Thanks for visiting. The shimmer on my blog header is the new TH Perfect pearls spray in Heirloom Gold - TH's favourite!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought the photo of your puppy was actually a plate at first!
    Love the postcards you are doing -such wonderful colours! Good old TH for all he does for us!
    Happy WOYWW
    Rebecca (48) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh my goodness, your table looks like my work table!! Great meeting you today at SP!!

    I think we may need to get together and play with some projects!! :)

    hugs!
    tejae

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your poor puppy. He looks most perplexed!!
    Love the look of your desk, just my kind of mess and those postcards look stunning. I can't wait to see the finished results.
    Sorry I am so late with my WOYWW vists. Unseasonably gorgeous UK weather to blame I'm afraid.
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my new blog! I have been checking yours out and LOVE all your projects...and your banner??!!! love love love.Can't wait to check in again.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit! I read all of the comments and appreciate your thoughts. May all your Mayhem be crafty messes...inky hugs!